Visa Up to 90 Days

Foreign experts, employees of foreign companies, may, at the invitation of an Israeli company, carry out specialised work within Israel, subject to obtaining a work permit and B1 visa.

For short-term work, Israel offers citizens from countries for which a tourist visa is not required, a quick process for obtaining a work visa for up to 90 days.

Visa issued for up to 90 days

  • it is possible to obtain a multiple-entry visa (for an additional fee);
  • The 90-day visa may only be issued to a person once per calendar year.

A prerequisite for obtaining a B1 work visa for a foreign expert is to obtain a permit to work in Israel. The following documents are required to apply for the permit (1):

  1. a full extract or basic information about the employer’s company;
  2. personal data of the person/s authorized to representation the employer’s company 
  3. an invitation letter from the Israeli company for each employee with his name 
  4. the planned date of arrival of the employee
  5. a scan of a copy of the employee’s passport (the passport held must still be valid for at least at least 6 months);
  6. document confirming the employee’s qualifications;
  7. curriculum vitae (2);
  8. information on the number of working hours per week;
  9. two photographs of the employee (5 x 5 cm format).
  10. a statement by the employer, a foreign company sending the employee, (the content of the form is in accordance with the requirements of the Population and Immigration Authority) made by a person authorised to represent this company, signed with a notarised signature and authenticated with an apostille seal (in accordance with the Hague Convention) (the data of the person(s) authorised to represent are necessary),
  11. a power of attorney from the employer to submit the applications;

The application fee for a work permit is NIS 1,300


  • in case of a negative application, the fee is non-refundable;
  • the professional must not be in Israel at the time of application.

Waiting time for work permit up to 14 days.

After receiving the employment permit, the expert will be allowed to enter Israel on a visitor visa. Then within 3 working days, the employee must apply at the local office of the Interior Office for a change of visa type from a tourist visa to a work visa and for a B1 work visa to be issued on the basis of your work permit.

The application must be submitted together with the passport, the work permit and
a photograph (3).

A fee must be paid for the visa. The fee is calculated on the basis of the number of days the employee actually stays. Up to 90 days, the fee does not exceed NIS 5,500.

(1)The list of required documents may vary depending on the specifics of the expert’s work. In such cases, our law firm always adjusts the required attachments with regard to the specific case.
(2)We send standard document templates
(3)We submit the application to the Ministry of Internal Affairs without the need for the employee to appear in person.