Dissolution of Marriage

In a marriage in which one of the partners isn’t Jewish, and a rabbinical court can’t rule in the case of their divorce, the couple is permitted to apply to a Family Court and request the dissolution of their marriage. The court will require a legal opinion from an expert on the foreign law that applies to that marriage.